Good morning, afternoon or evening (I’m covering all bases) to you. October is now officially over. Gone are the conkers and the halloween parties, with the wet and cold taking over. My halloween decorations are hanging limply from the tree in the front garden, now soggy and covered in actual spiders. It’s now dark when you leave the office after a 9-5. But before we look ahead to November, and the big C, I want to reflect upon the October that once was.
What I saw this month:
This month Chester and I made it to the cinema even more than September – mostly due to Chester’s huge love of Halloween. We saw:
- Night School
- Halloween (40th Anniversary showing)
- Halloween (2018)
- The House with a Clock in its Walls
- Goosebumps 2
- A Star is Born
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- First Man
- Johnny English Strikes Again
- Bad Times at the El Royale
I also watched the gorgeous royal wedding of Princess Eugenie to Jack Brooksbank. I watched Killing Eve and the Masters of Sex; and rewatched The Office (US) and The Musketeers – yes I realise this is quite the mix.
No. of photos posted to Instagram:
2. I didn’t like any of the photos I took this month. This will change going forward, as each November/December my feed becomes a giant advert for various Christmas decorations.
What I did this month:
- It was Chester’s birthday which means lots of Chinese food and watching Spiderman: Homecoming whilst eating Spiderman (cake)
- I went to my first ever Comic Con in London with my friend Daisy. We met Paul Bettany (Vision; Avengers) and Katherine McNamara and Emeraude Toubia of Shadow-hunters fame.
- Mum and I had our makeup done at Charlotte Tilbury as a glam pick-me-up
- I met up with my best friend Ellie for the first time in a while and had dinner at TGI Fridays – I live for their Oreo Milkshakes and Jack Daniels Sesame Chicken Strips.
- My mum had two hospital appointments that fell on the same week, so I spent hours driving back and forth fuelled by Starbucks. Mum’s okay, by the way!
- Mum and I also toured a number of show homes to get an idea of what we might be able to buy when we move home at some point in the next couple of years.
No. of blog posts:
7. I wanted to write more this month but my low mood got the better of me.
What I brought this month:
I’ve been really careful with money this month, with Christmas coming up and a secret something that I’m saving for. The one luxury purchase I did make was when I was at Charlotte Tilbury and I bought the new Stars in Your Eyes eyeshadow palette from the Limited Edition Christmas Collection- which is utterly gorgeous by the way.